Brock Hensley - Resumé
Last updated: June 2nd, 2014
Over 15 years in IT versed in Linux and Windows, web hosting, design and programming. Creative in problem solving and experienced designing custom solutions working with clients and executives of all levels. Passionate about new technologies, surmounting unique challenges and accomplishing goals.
Windows Server (2000-2012), Linux (Red Hat, CentOS, OpenSuSe, Debian, Slackware, FreeBSD, etc.)
IIS (6-8), Apache (1.x-2.x)
Microsoft SQL Server (2000-2012), MySQL (3.x-5.x)
Dell PowerEdge Blade Servers, WatchGuard Firewalls, Cisco Routers, KVM/IPMI
Active Directory, Clustering, Load Balancing, Application Request Routing (ARR), SharePoint, Exchange, Office
Git, SourceTree, Visual Studio Professional, Netbeans, VIM, SmarterMail, Office, NESSUS, Snort, McAfee, Symantec, Backup for Workgroups, Continuous Data Protection, Photoshop, AutoCAD, Mechanical Desktop, Maya, Lightwave, 3D Studio Max
Goin' Postal Franchise Corporation
01/13 - Present
Programmer Analyst, Systems Administrator
- Developed custom PCI Compliant Point of Sale touch screen application in C#/.NET/WPF/MSSQL on three person team using Git, deployed to and supported franchises around the country.
- Designed and developed custom PCI Compliant online multi-site shopping cart in PHP/jQuery/MySQL utilized by multiple franchise brands.
- Designed and developed custom CMS in PHP/jQuery/MySQL utilized by employees and franchise owners around the country.
- Reduced recurring hosting costs by consolidating servers while improving stability, monitoring and reporting.
- Managed all company and client servers, websites, email, database, etc.
10/07 - 01/13
Technical Support, Senior Systems Administrator, Chief Technology Officer
- Quickly climbed the corporate ladder from Tier 1 Technical Support to 3rd in command within 3 years leading over 20 team members in fully managed hosting for SMB around the world with emphasis on Microsoft technologies and superb customer service.
- Designed and implemented complex custom hosting solutions involving all Microsoft Server Products including Windows Server, IIS, SQL Server and Hyper-V such as High Availability Cloud Solutions (Load Balancing and Clustering), and MS Business Productivity Online Suite (Exchange, SharePoint, Communicator, LiveMeeting).
- Reduced time and effort to provision, maintain and troubleshoot servers through automated system provisioning, configuration, remote management and monitoring using PowerShell.
- Mentored Support Technicians, Systems Administrators, Supervisors, and Sales/Billing departments on complex issues, projects, and questions. Go-to guy for sales and technical consultation and conference calls.
- Designed and developed custom supervisor web management interface using C#/ASP.NET/MSSQL/SSRS regularly used by supervisors and managers for monitoring, reporting and alerts.
- Upgraded internal infrastructure from 2003 to 2008 R2, including Active Directory. Deployed Windows 7 image to all workstations and managed through GPO and PowerShell.
- Interacted heavily with technical and business executives as well as customers to define products, policies, procedures and to provide input for strategic planning.
- Wrote computer system procedure, specifications, user manuals and knowledge base articles for internal use and customer facing material.
- Security Awareness and Action Team leader; in charge of security for all shared hosting infrastructure and internal company security policies. Familiar with NESSUS, Nmap, Snort, McAfee, Symantec, Security+ etc.
Hi-Tech Systems Engineering
11/02 - 07/04
Systems Engineer, IT Department
- Shadowed experienced Systems Engineers during all tasks including visiting clients on-site
- Learned TCP/IP and subnetting at the binary level
- Introduced to Active Directory, DNS, Network Infrastructure
- Designed and implemented Linux hosting division with SuSe Linux/Apache/MySQL.
- Designed and implemented custom clientele database & web management interface using PHP/MySQL/Perl, regularly used by managers and accounting to manage client accounts, invoice clients, and track usage.
- Maintained both Linux and Windows web servers hosting important clients, including system maintenance and client requests both procedural and troubleshooting.
- Daily Tape Backups & Rotation using Veritas Backup software.
- Wrote computer system procedure, specifications, and user manuals.
- Actively worked with IT project managers in designing networks and other custom solutions.
- Sorted and cataloged hundreds of software into database program used by all employees daily.
- Assisted coworkers with computer issues, deployed and managed Windows Updates & Symantec Updates from central location to all employees. Ensured off-site laptops complied with AD policies. Worked with Active Directory.
- MCITP - Windows Server 2008, Server Administrator (646)
- MCTS - Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Implementation and Maintenance (432)
- MCTS - Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuring (642)
- MCTS - System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008, Configuring (403)
- MCTS - Windows Server Virtualization, Configuration (652)
- MCTS - Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuration (640)
- MCTS - Microsoft Server 2003 Hosting, Configuration and Management (501)
- MCTS - Microsoft Windows Vista, Configuration (620)
- MCP - Installing, Configuring, and Administering Microsoft Windows XP Professional (270)
- CompTIA Security+ Certified